As featured in The Bookseller (16th January 2015), Unsung Stories are pleased to announce publication of DARK STAR by Oliver Langmead this Easter. Dark Star will be launched during a once-in-a-decade solar eclipse. Dark Star combines epic verse with classic hardboiled crime and science fantasy. Rich in imagery, intricate in form and gripping from the outset, Langmead’s story is an audacious declaration of the future for genre fiction.
The book launch coincides with a rare solar eclipse that will send the UK into darkness on 20 March 2015. Langmead will be featuring in a high-profile blog tour, with guest posts from the author, interviews and insights into his creative process. Unsung Stories will also promote the new title through Unsung Shorts, their fortnightly short fiction project, and reader events.
Speaking about the cosmic launch event George Sandison, managing editor at Unsung Stories, said, “Birds will fall silent, the daylight will turn grey, and people in the UK will briefly be transported to a world with a dead sun.”
“Oliver’s passion for Milton, Dante and the classics has driven him to recast epic verse for today. Anyone who reads the first lines will find themselves hooked, just like we were,” Sandison said
“Early reactions have been very positive with readers calling it ‘moody as all hell’. Get ready for the book that, ‘blends the epic and seedy into a unique, moreish mixture, with an ending that floored me. Brilliant, brave stuff’ (Aliya Whiteley, author of The Beauty).”
Dark Star is Unsung’s third title and features dazzling artwork from Colombian, Carolina Rodriguez Fuenmayor. Both author and artist are new talents, reflecting Unsung’s mission to showcase undiscovered artists from all over the world.
### ENDS ###
Note to editors
- Unsung Stories is the new genre fiction imprint of Red Squirrel Publishing and released its first titles in August 2014. Unsung Stories aim to publish ambitious and distinctive genre fiction from new writers to challenge and delight readers.
- Our first two titles are:
- DeÌjaÌ€ Vu by Ian Hocking (9781907389221, RRP Â£9.99) – A science fiction thriller
- The Beauty by Aliya Whiteley (9781907389238, RRP Â£9.99) – A dark post-apocalyptic novella
- Unsung Stories are publishing short fiction fortnightly on their website. You can sign up to get these stories for free at www.unsungstories.co.uk/